Saturday, October 25, 2008

Japanese Rabbits For Teacher (Kla)

My name is Kla and I work in an office in Bangkok. Now, our office has English class for staff for an hour a week.

This is my first time to write an article in a blog. My teacher likes rabbits so much so I chose an interesting photo about rabbits. These photos are taken from a temple in Japan. This is to demonstrate how to use a dipper to take the water. From the pictures from left to right, you take the water by using the dipper in your right hand and then pour water on your left hand. After that, you change in the opposite way to pour water on your right hand. Then, you take water in your left hand to your mouth (I am not sure whether we should drink or just wash our mouth?). For the last step, you should give respect to the spirit or something else with your two hands as a Wai in Thai tradition.

With my little bit of Japanese language and my even less research, I cannot tell you exactly what is the real meaning of doing this in Japan. I will update you after I have studied more Japanese and researched more.

No comments: